Kelsey Mastering Cancellation Policy
Feedback from you has shown that you want the same quality masters you’re used to, but with predictable turnaround times. Mastering is the tail-end of a production process that has to accommodate everybody from the completely in-control time-manager to the tail-chasing creative who hates to plan. I’ve had to find a model that delivers to both in good time while allowing me to stay in the creative space I need to produce consistently great masters and grow in my craft. This model is driven by simplicity and my need to replace conversations about payment with conversations about creative aspects of your music.
The general idea behind this is that for me to be able to return scheduled work within 72hr of the booking date, I want to be assured that I’ll be in possession of the mixes to master as scheduled and be paid up-front for the time allocated. If I don’t receive mixes and payment as scheduled then I have to recover the lost income and time. By requiring payment up-front and insisting on mixes by the scheduled date, I can relax and focus on delivering all the potential I can imagine on your music.
This is how it works:
- You choose the day for your mastering session.
- You pay in full to confirm the booking after accepting the terms and conditions. You will receive a booking correspondence with more information and important reminders about the dates by when the payment and mixes must be received to secure your booking.
- Paid-for bookings must be canceled 48 hours before 07h00 UTC+01:00 (London time) to qualify for a refund less the administration fee of 15%.
- Bookings canceled less than 48 hours before the scheduled session date, on the scheduled session date, or after the scheduled session date are not eligible for a refund, and you forfeit any right to mastering services associated with the booking. Any such payment will not count as credit toward future bookings.
- Kelsey Mastering reserves the right to retain 100% of the payment made for, or, demand payment in arrears for, bookings made for which payment and/or required mixes were not provided on or before the date as specified in the booking correspondence, and Kelsey Mastering will be without obligation to deliver mastering services associated with the booking, under such circumstances.
- When booking, you agree to supply the mixes in typical professional formats and provide a document with all required CD-text (cd-text like the album title, artist name, track sequence, and ISRC codes) no less than 1 hour before 07h00 on the date booked (UTC+02:00, Johannesburg time). You can deliver the tracks and Meta-Data information using this link or replying to the Booking Receipt email with the download link and the CD-text information. You can also deliver the masters in person on DVD, flash-drive, or CD, which usually comes with the added benefit of a decent cup of coffee. Hard-drive submissions strictly excluded because they take too long to scan for malicious content.
- If I have received the tracks but no CD text information then the masters will be delivered with the files named as they were provided. Any subsequent editing of CD text, the addition of ISRC codes, or compiling of DDP will have to be booked via the booking system under ‘Editing’.
Please see the terms and conditions for a break-down of the finer details which are there to protect us both.